Thursday, March 26, 2009

Yeehaw!

Woohoo! We're finaly getting some snow and it seems like we're getting enough snow for 5 winters! We're expecting about a foot of snow over the next few days and I'm exited! But, of course, there's always a down side to somthing good. *Sigh*
And this time it seems like the down side is Chickens laying, under-insilated chicken houses and frostbite. I'll explain more: My mom noticed it was starting to get veeeeeerry snowy, windy, cold ETC. and she went out to take the chickens and put them in the garage, witch is considerably warmer then the outside, Sibyll, unfourtunitly, was laying an egg, so my mom let her lay in peace. A while later I remembered about Sibs' and wondered if she was done laying, and me and my mom went out to see. Sure enough she was out in the coop, wondering were the heck everyone was and probobly freezing. So mom picked her up, and if chickens could shiver, she would have been, we carried her over to the garage and filled a small box with hay (realizing that the hens needed a place to lay, in case anyone else had an egg to donate) and the most nice and amazing thing about this is Sibyll never pecked me!:D Probobly because I was keeping her neck warm with my gloves, but I'll take what I can get (^.^)

Last I was out (about 45 mins ago) the snow was up to my ankles! Sunny loves it, though she is clearly not bred for it. And one last odd thing to report: Our cars look like they're made out of wood. Yes, there was no typo's in that, nor did you misread or misinterprate it, our cars look like they were carved out of wood. it's kinda hard to explain but Ill try my best. The snow is covering our cars and leaving sharp lines on them, so they look like little wood carved cars not smoothed off all the way. It's realy a weird day. And I'm injoying every moment of it! Oh, and we got some pictures of the madness, once I get around to posting them!!!!!!!

No comments: