Friday, September 26, 2008

Jelly!

Today we made grape jelly, although the grapes were not from our garden they were from a friend of ours -- her dogs were eating the grapes and she wasn't using them for anything, so we asked if we could take them and she said yes. Now we had two bags full of small, fresh, organic grapes, and since we couldn't eat all of them and allready had plans to make at least some of them into jelly, we decided to make some grape jelly! It was the best jelly I have ever had! Even if it was a little bit too sweet by my standards...
Here is a picture of this wonderful, blended, boiled, strained and spectacular jelly! Although I can't give you a taste of how good the jelly is, I can share a deliciously pretty picture of the finished jelly!

2 comments:

Steve Sedam said...

Wow, Maddie! Cool jelly! Mom told me about it, but I like reading about it and seeing it, too!

I went to the Des Moines Farmer's market this morning while they nurses were doing some things in Grandma's room (I was kicked out for convenience and privacy!). I got a jar of home-made Iowa strawberry preserves which I think you'll like! I got Harry his own bag of white popcorn we can pop when I get home. I love you and miss everyone!

love,
Dad

Unknown said...

Hi, Maddie! Your dad told me about your blog today so I had to come and read it. I'm enjoying it a lot. It reminds me of another blog I read that's written by a lady who lives on a farm in upstate New York; they have chickens and sheep, and she's always writing about her animals.

I'm also enjoying reading your dad's comments about what he's doing while he's out here visiting us. What he didn't tell you about the farmer's market is that he also got some yummy raspberries, and we ate them this morning at the hospital, while they were doing more stuff to Grandma J.

Aunt Becky